This policy was created and in effect Nov 17th, 2016.
What We Collect
In order for you to create an account on LotStocks and use our services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on LotStocks, including if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through LotStocks, or request any information;
- your login and password details, in connection with the account sign-in process;
- details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services;
- information about your activity on and interaction with LotStocks, such as your IP address and the type of device or browser you use;
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- information that you submit to LotStocks in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
This data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- any payment information you provide
- your password details
- your IP address
- your phone number
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
We don’t give your personal information to any third-party services, except when it’s necessary to provide LotStocks’ Services (like when we partner with payment processors). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the LotStocks Services, we require that they protect your personal information to the same standards we do.
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect LotStocks’ legal rights.
When you create an account, we create a basic profile page for you on LotStocks, containing your account name, the date the account was created, and a list of Lots you have pledged. Whenever your account name appears on LotStocks (for instance, when you post comments, send messages, or back projects), people can click your account name to see your profile. The profile is not searchable on LotStocks or via search engines like Google. Here are some of the things that will be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on LotStocks:
- the account name, and the date it was created
- any information you choose to add to your profile (like a picture, bio, or your location)
- Lots you've Pledged (but not pledge amounts or rewards chosen)
- any comments you’ve posted on LotStocks
- if you have "Liked" a Lot update
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the Services;
- send you marketing communications we think you may find useful, but only in accordance with your email preferences;
- present projects to you when you use the Services which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Services;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services;
- analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services; and
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
We take securing your data and preserving your privacy very seriously. We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. We do not and will not sell your data.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send.
We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. You will also receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time.
We may send you service-related announcements on the rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us email@example.com